CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Family Portrait Help!

Okay friends....I don't usually do this, but I need some help. We are having our first family pictures since Ian was born taken next week and I am working on coordinating all of our outfits which I am having a really hard time doing for some reason. We are taking outside pictures (hoping to get a little fall foliage) Below is what I have come up with...

Does it work? I was trying to find a shirt with a little more maroon than red for Ian, but have not found one. Even if you never comment ( and I know you all are out there :) please please please let me know if you think this works so I don't have to stress about it anymore. I could use any advice as far as the color as well as the style. Fashionista Friends, I am at your mercy! (I will not take offense if you tell me to scrap this idea and start over:)

7 comments:

AO said...

Ooooo family portrait color combos are tough for sure. I think this color combo would work really well if you subbed either the red or the pink for a creamy color or a blue color. (For some reason in our experience the portraits of hubs and I that have looked the best - time and again - are the ones where I'm wearing medium red and he's wearing Internet Explorer blue...and you guys have similar complexion profiles).

That is:

You wear a creamy tank/camisole and Emma wears a creamy cardigan or shirt under the jumper, or you could wear a lighter blue one and Emma could wear a light blue top.

OR

The boys could wear creamy tops or blue tops.

Reds can work with lighter pinks, but I think a medium red on the boys with a bright pink on the girls could be tricky.

AJR said...

I'm just a man who does not know much about colors compared to my wife but I think your proposed outfits on the bed look totally awesome. But of course I sometimes wear striped pants with differently striped shirts and then yet a different tie, so what do I know? At least my belt and shoes are almost always the same color, as well as my pants and socks.
-Aaron "Zebra" Jacobovits

Scott Family Fun said...

I think Audrey has some good ideas! I was also thinking that maybe Ian should wear a brown shirt to to with your brown sweater. That way you don't have to worry about his lighter shade of red. Does Dan have a shirt that is more brown or red like your combo? Or is it a requirement that all pictures have a Hokie color in them? :) LOL! Either way, I think you all are going to look great.

Billy first saw this post on Dan's facebook and showed me. My reaction was "why is Dan the one picking out all the clothes?" No offense, Dan! :)

ARK said...

I like Audrey's idea adding cream, I would keep your cardigan and add a cream top underneath, I would keep Emma's jumper but switch out the red for a cream turtleneck or long sleeved shirt. I really like Ian's shirt and think the cream on his sleeves would blend well with the cream under your and Emma's shirt. I can't wait to see what you decide:) I agree with S you all will look great no matter what. I adore the family pic on your blog! We have yet to take a nice family photo so I am crossing those fingers this year:)

Masker # 7 said...

Well, I don't have any opinions to give on the clothing for the photo (not a fashionista!), but I thought I'd leave a comment anyway to say hello! :)

David Wolf said...

Maybe for Ian's shirt you could have him wear a shirt with leaves falling or something related to fall. I like all the other shirts though.

Erin

Scott Family Fun said...

SO....how did it go? :) I can't wait to see pictures